Websoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A close-knit online community for general chatter, sharing artwork, and semi-lit role playing.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

School Rant Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xKobiee
xKobiee
Souper Star

Spoons : 415
School Rant Thread 15160-11School Rant Thread EmuFmWaSchool Rant Thread ORFTzGV

School Rant Thread Empty
PostSubject: School Rant Thread   School Rant Thread EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 11:52 am

School Rant Thread Djuzlp10

WELL.
ijustwantedittobeneat wrote:
It's almost that time of year again. SCHOOL. Unless of course you live somewhere/go to a school where you have school all year round. Props to you bud. But school time is around the corner for many, and with that brings annoying people, nonsensical homework, anxiety, stress, and essays. Feel free to rant here about your past, present, and future school related problems, as well as seek support from others!

School Rant Thread 1147480t6phl13g44

So last year in my sculptural class in college, my professor (who was kind of a hard-ass) made us carve a "blobject" out of a type of foam, and then we had to prime it then sand it then spray-paint prime it then sand it then spray-paint prime it then sand it then caulk it then spray paint it then sand it then spray paint it then sand it then then caulk it then spray paint it then sand it then spray paint it until it was COMPLETELY SMOOTH. No bumbs, no scratches, no air bubbles. Completely. Freakin. Smooth. It was awful. Me and many others pulled an all-nighter in order to get it done before it was due. It was 7am, and I had class at 8:30am. I wrapped my blobject in a towel to keep it safe and I took a quick nap. When I got to class and unconvered my blobject it had ALL the texture from the towel on it since the paint takes hours to dry :( It was our first real grade and I obviously would've failed or at most gotten a C if I handed it in later. I was so close to having a mental breakdown in class, I started tearing up but then my professor said ,"SHHHHHH its okay. It's easy to fix here sh shhh" and then proceeded to show me how to fix it. We had the rest of class to get our blobjects up to snuff, but my professor decided to give and extra few days. I was able to successfully complete my blobject! :D It couldve been smoother but oh well. I still have nightmares about it, and if I think about it too much I physically and mentally begin to hurt.

Last edited by xKobiee on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kemi
Kemi
Souper Star

Spoons : 567
School Rant Thread 15160-11School Rant Thread A637d510School Rant Thread EmuFmWaSchool Rant Thread ORFTzGV

School Rant Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Rant Thread   School Rant Thread EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Oh boy

School Rant Thread Giphy

Just wait until I start my classes start again on the 23rd
Back to top Go down
https://websoup.forumotion.com
xKobiee
xKobiee
Souper Star

School Rant Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Rant Thread   School Rant Thread EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:27 pm

OHHHH BOYYYY. Can't wait to hear more stories XD (though hoping there's less of them bc you when through hell last year qq)
Back to top Go down
--I am Sherlocked--
--I am Sherlocked--
Souper Member

Spoons : 145
School Rant Thread 15160-11

School Rant Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Rant Thread   School Rant Thread EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 9:43 am

Weeeeeelll tomorrow Jules is going to have SIX new people joining her class. I am fuming because there are enough people in the class as it is and now there are going to be SIX, YES SIX new people coming. If anyone damn well steals my seat or annoys me, I am not going to be happy. We do not need more people joining History especially as it is so full and NOW more people. YES I am so angry and I am going to be glaring at them the entire day.

-rant over-
Back to top Go down
xKobiee
xKobiee
Souper Star

School Rant Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Rant Thread   School Rant Thread EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 6:22 pm

OH DEAR GOD That's awful! D: Overcrowded classrooms are such a pain! Unless everyone is a focused human being its such a shit-show! :c I'm so sorry that's happening to your class
Back to top Go down
galaxykitty
galaxykitty
Souper Star

Spoons : 763
School Rant Thread 6H9xZGOSchool Rant Thread EmuFmWaSchool Rant Thread Ladder12School Rant Thread HI1KGmI

School Rant Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Rant Thread   School Rant Thread EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 7:44 pm

School sucks in general and I'm starting in september, bluh. I'll post some stories once I think of some. Until I return~

Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

Spoons : 406
School Rant Thread Ladder12School Rant Thread Uj7tnCoSchool Rant Thread ORFTzGV

School Rant Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Rant Thread   School Rant Thread EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 11:29 pm

So, it turns out two of my classes got canceled this semester. One they notified me about in an email a couple days ago, but the other one....nope! I saw on my online course schedule that the class no longer had any assigned days and time, and emailed my professor about it. Yeah, they canceled it. Please note, this is one week before classes start. I have to find another class that meets my requirements and still has seats left, AND get the textbooks for that class. I'm goin' to fuckin' bed, see you in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Kemi
Kemi
Souper Star

School Rant Thread 15160-11School Rant Thread A637d510School Rant Thread EmuFmWaSchool Rant Thread ORFTzGV

School Rant Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Rant Thread   School Rant Thread EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 9:47 pm

When people are just ungodly annoying and all you want is some damn dinner

School Rant Thread Giphy
Back to top Go down
xKobiee
xKobiee
Souper Star

School Rant Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Rant Thread   School Rant Thread EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 11:23 pm

H O N E S T L Y. I feel you. There's always a group of people yelling/screaming/singing at this one dining hall during dinner. Sure it's funny and cool at first but it gets really annoying/old really fast.
Back to top Go down
Kemi
Kemi
Souper Star

School Rant Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Rant Thread   School Rant Thread EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 12:09 am

OKAY SO.

I TA'ed a riding class tonight. (For those of you who don't know, I go to a horse college, so yes, there's riding classes.) There's one girl who is non-stop fidgeting in her saddle, letting her heels slide up, cutting corners or even cutting straight through the middle of the arena, etc.

I find myself at her side at least three times in order to try and help her out, whether it's asking if she needs her stirrups adjusted or to help her find a more balanced and comfortable way to sit, to keep her heels down and legs back, and god knows what else. Her responses:

"Oh these stirrups are just either too long or too short for me. I need to make another hole in the middle of the stap." (Let me point out, she was using HER OWN saddle, which she nearly bragged about to me earlier about how it was a "$2000" saddle. But that it hurt her butt. Girl if you're spending that much money on a damn saddle, IT AINT GUNNA HURT YOUR BUTT. It was a piece of shit saddle anyway so there's no flying way it cost that much money. ANYWAY.)
"These reins are just difficult to hold, I hate split reins."
"I have an old injury in my right ankle so it's hard to do anything with it."
"I have really bad hips."
"She's just a really awkward horse."

Yes, blame your terribly poor equitation on the horse and the tack, but definitely not you! Heavens no, not at all! She kept letting her heels ride up to cue the horse, too. No. Turn your damn toe out to apply pressure to the horse's side and for the love of god, keep your heels down. But seriously, if you're going to make excuses for everything you're doing wrong, WHATCHYU DOIN' AT THIS COLLEGE???

Rant over. Thanks. c:
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

School Rant Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Rant Thread   School Rant Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

School Rant Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next