A close-knit online community for general chatter, sharing artwork, and semi-lit role playing.

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Beset (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ursus
Souper Newbie

Spoons : 50

PostSubject: The Beset (Open)   Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Anvaerda is a land far out in the Middle Realm, where living creatures begin their life on the Material Plane. Those powerful enough may ascend to the Higher Planes before death, but it is nearly impossible to accomplish. All creatures have ideas of what the Higher Planes are like, be it a feast hall with neverending food and drink, a peaceful forest where the weather is always quite nice and plants grow without much trouble, or joining the stars up in the vast sea of space which blankets the skies in the night. It's mutually agreed by almost every living thing that this life is a test, and how well one performs determines how good of a life one would recieve in the next Plane. However, some believe in higher Planes than just the Higher Plane. Such Planes are where the Gods reside, and striving to be a God is frowned upon by those who seek the simpler things.
xxxxxIn order to become a God, in most scholar's eyes, one must master all forms of magic and summon a Winged Wyrm to transport that being to the next Plane, and the next Plane, until that person can go no further and gain no more knowledge nor power. This sounds difficult enough on its own, but one must remember that Planestriding is a terrifying process and strips the Strider of whatever prior humanity they had posessed.
xxxxxSome Planestriders journey to a few Planes higher, then fall back to the Middle Realm to benefit the creatures who live there, while other, less benevolent, Striders seek to enslave all and impose a cruel tyranny as the ruler of the Realm.

Our story begins with the descending of Zauberon and destruction of life as it was known before.

xxxxxSince he arrived, Zauberon has made quick work of settling in the northern mountains and eliminating the humanoids who didn't defect to his wicked cause. He imbued them with his power, making them superhuman in strength and magic. These humans are referred to as the Beset, and have no free will of their own, only separate personalities and appearance to distinguish them. The North (Called the Saeder) had been dangerous before, but now it's even more riddled with peril. Only the most foolish wanderers or bravest adventurers venture there, though it's often difficult to tell the difference between the two. The number of those who go to the north are few, and the number of those who return is much fewer. Rulers have rallied together to put a stop to Zauberon's terrorizing, but it's gotten nowhere and actually worsened the cause. The tyrant has actually doubled his empire's size, now threatening the forests to the west and the planes to the east.

Individuals, either fiercly motivated or incredible talented, have decided to band together and stop him once and for all. This is their fight and tale.

Requirements-
Be active! I'd like at least a post from each person every day.
This is a semi-lit website, after all, so please try to write at least a paragraph.
No perfect characters, perfection is super unrealistic.
Be open to twists in the plot!
Romance is ok, but it's not the main objective.
Please write in third-person point of view, unless narrating the character's dialogue or thoughts.

While being fun for the roleplayers, this roleplay should be like a novel for others to read and enjoy. There isn't a single main character, all of the characters work together as the main party.

(Forms and discussion should go on the discussion page, thanks c: )

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

hey there! I'll be in canada next week, and won't be able to get on very much because I'll be in a while nother country and paying for wifi is expensive. I'll be back on the Monday after next, but should manage to come on maybe once per day. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
ursus
Souper Newbie

Spoons : 50

PostSubject: Re: The Beset (Open)   Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:37 pm

//post reserved for characters

This RP is now open! look at the discussion page to see how many people I'm still accepting, if you want to join in! Please post your characters there.

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

hey there! I'll be in canada next week, and won't be able to get on very much because I'll be in a while nother country and paying for wifi is expensive. I'll be back on the Monday after next, but should manage to come on maybe once per day. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

The Beset (Open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1