Websoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A close-knit online community for general chatter, sharing artwork, and semi-lit role playing.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kemi
Kemi
Souper Star

Spoons : 567
"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 15160-11"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 A637d510"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmuFmWa"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 ORFTzGV

"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay   "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 1:20 pm

I don't think I want to be on the exact timeline of the show -- we can kind of make up own own time/setting. Our plot would be similar as the beginning of the original show, where the Avatar is nowhere to be found, or "missing," and the Fire Nation is trying to take everything over. However, in our roleplay, we could say that air benders are still around just like everyone else. And of course most air benders would stay in their temples, just like most water benders stay in the north and south pole. That's where they live.

Hell, we could even say that the Avatar is of a different element! What if the next element for the Avatar was fire, and there were rumors that he was joining the fight with the Fire Nation? But others still believe that he will save the world, but think maybe he's gone missing or the Fire Nation captured and locked him up in order to go through with their evil plan? Maybe that's why our group could be on this quest -- to find answers and to find the Avatar.
Back to top Go down
https://websoup.forumotion.com
xKobiee
xKobiee
Souper Star

Spoons : 415
"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 15160-11"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmuFmWa"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay   "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 2:10 pm

I like that idea! There's usually a time where no one knows who the avatar is (ie, Roku was in his teens when he was told he was the avatar). So perhaps this was set during that time, the next avatar was Fire, and there was the whole rumor about the Firenation keeping him captive etc etc. That way it would make sense on why people don't know what happened to the Avatar: The Avatar, whether willing or not (we'll see), would be their Secret Weapon.

Just spit ballin some stuff here? iDK

Idea 1: If we like both, we combine these ideas (refugees and pirates). They could be both part of the same type of "rebel group" (for a lack of better words) against the fire nation. The Pirate's mission could be the messin up the firenation and finding the blood benders to be on their side. And the refugee's rag-tag team could be on the mission to find the Avatar and see whats gOIN ON. This, however would require a lot of coordinating, and has the potential to be more complex and be a bigger RP, so idk man. It also depends on what you'd like to do, Drac, since the pirates thing was your idea. This kind of makes them less like pirates and more mercenary-rebel-robin hood types.

Idea 2: Just make them be seperate so we don't have to worry about things having to correspond, and so pirates can be as pirate-y as they'd like to be and the rag-tag group can be as rag-taggy as they'd like to be. Their goals wouldnt have to be the same, and could go anyway they want. If we happen to decide for them to be in the same time period/same universe then maybe they would meet up at somepoint? :E But otherwise, SEPERATTEEEE. This might be more managable.
Back to top Go down
Kemi
Kemi
Souper Star

"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 15160-11"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 A637d510"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmuFmWa"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay   "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Kobiee and I were talking on a Skype call, and just in case you guys didn't quite catch it, I'll explain a little more on what she meant when she said "There's usually a time where no one knows who the avatar is (ie, Roku was in his teens when he was told he was the avatar). So perhaps this was set during that time."

In my plot idea, the Fire Nation could have decided to attack in the span of years when there was "no Avatar." Like Kobiee said, over 10 years had gone by before Roku was even declared Avatar. So the Fire Nation, knowing that they had some time, could have started this war with intention to take over the world -- and knowing that the next Avatar would be of Fire Nation decent, they could have created plans to capture him when he made himself known. Or influence him to join their forces (even though that outcome might not be likely).
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

Spoons : 756
"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 100-em10"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmuFmWa"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 Ladder12"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay   "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Ooohhh I definitely like this idea. Maybe the pirate and the rag-tag team would be a bit much though. It might muddle the story and kinda make it confusing. We could always have two separate roleplays (kinda a goo and evil?) like the pirates focus could be finding blood benders, and the rag-tag team what we have so far about finding answers. Mixing the two would be a bit much. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
JPower96
JPower96
Souper Member

Spoons : 918
"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 15160-11"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmuFmWa"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay   "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 6:05 pm

I honestly am overwhelmed by all the different possibilities, but would love to join in on whatever does happen! I think it would be cool if it were set sometime shortly after Sozin's comet and the first fire nation attacks on the air temples. I don't really know what else beyond that, but both the pirate and rogue/rag tag group stuff sounds fun. Honestly if we were doing that, it seems totally plausible to me that earth, air, and water benders would be willing to work with fire benders at that time, because that's how it had been before when "the four lived together in harmony." So a decent amount of fire nation peeps back then would realize they are in the wrong, and people of other nations with friends in the fire nation would understand that they aren't all bad. It really wouldn't be till years down the road that the fire nation would come to be almost universally despised.
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 100-em10"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmuFmWa"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 Ladder12"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay   "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Well like Kemi had thrown out, we were thinking about having the time set at about 20 years before the Fire Nation attacks. As a plot set we are making the next Avatar be a firebender (or at least the people have assumed). That's what Kemi has thrown out anyway. I think that seems like the best time because if we want people suspicious of firebenders, but not hating them, there would have been some reputation by this time.
Back to top Go down
JPower96
JPower96
Souper Member

Spoons : 918

PostSubject: Re: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay   "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 8:48 pm

I saw the bit about the next avatar being another firebender (although that would mean that the whole history is changed, because it goes in a rotation through the elements, so no Roku either. Or we could just say the rotation isn't actually a rule for this.) I didn't see the thing about 20 years before the attack though, and I also don't get why people would be suspicious of fire benders at that point?

KEMI FIXED ME UP GOOD WE DOIN GREAT NOW FAM, I GOTCHU

Last edited by JPower96 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

PostSubject: Re: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay   "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Hmmm.... Honestly not sure.... Guess we would need some more thinking into the plot. Also along the lines of the pattern of elements and Roku, we aren't exactly going based off the original story. It's more of a twist so that the next in line is a firebender.
Back to top Go down
Kemi
Kemi
Souper Star

PostSubject: Re: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay   "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 9:34 pm

JPower96 wrote:
I saw the bit about the next avatar being another firebender (although that would mean that the whole history is changed, because it goes in a rotation through the elements, so no Roku either. Or we could just say the rotation isn't actually a rule for this.) I didn't see the thing about 20 years before the attack though, and I also don't get why people would be suspicious of fire benders at that point?

We aren't going off the timeline of the show at all -- we are in our own separate world but taking some ideas (like the Fire Nation attacking) from the show's plot. c:
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay   "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Roleplay
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3