Websoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A close-knit online community for general chatter, sharing artwork, and semi-lit role playing.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
xKobiee
xKobiee
Souper Star

Spoons : 415
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 15160-11Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmuFmWaAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 ORFTzGV

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 11:30 am

Seijin furrowed her brow inquisitively. "Virinni...? Nesho? Is this some Earth Kingdom thing or do I live under a rock?" Oh man, she just realized how much work she has to blend in. "But um, something that's easy to move in, and not lime green. Thanks!" She didn't want to ask for much, she would probably get better clothes eventually. But dear spirits, she could not handle lime green clothing. Seijin began to walk over to the trees and thought back to what Li said. The Fire Nation wouldn't care about refugees like us. They've got more important things on their agenda I'm sure... She sighed while re-wrapping arm cloth on her scraps. What a shameful nation they had become.
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

Spoons : 756
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 100-em10Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmuFmWaAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 Ladder12Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 8:32 pm

(I'm too lazy to copy paste my tags and stuff since I am on mobile)

Zasi followed after the group with a small smile. At the mention of clothing styles and the dislike of the color green, Zasi giggled. "Lime green could be your color though!" Zasi glances down at her own clothes. "Do you think lime would be my color? I prefer my orange, but I'm sure green would be okay? Right?" Zasi would much rather keep her air nomad clothing on her, as they hold many memories. However, they were filthy, torn, and burnt. They would never allow her to blend into the crowd. She gently grabbed onto the torn fabric and let out a small sigh.
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

Spoons : 406
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 Ladder12Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 Uj7tnCoAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 2:10 am

Kesuk - Male - 16 - Waterbender
Tags: Some People

As Kesuk headed for the town, he heard voices, especially, Zasi's louder, more familiar one, following him. More specifically, he heard her ask if lime green would be her color. Kesuk raised an eyebrow and slowed his pace to let the others catch up now that they were actually, finally going someplace. "It would match your eyes, at least," he commented offhandedly. He glanced at her, sizing her up. "Most likely wouldn't match your skin tone, though." Hmm. On second thought, perhaps he shouldn't have said that. Most people would probably think it very rude of him. Then he shrugged mentally. Well, he was just telling the truth.

At that point, they were starting to cross into the outskirts of town. Seijin and Kohaku had stayed behind to wait, so it was just himself, Zasi, Lí, and Yotem. While they did get a few looks, they didn't draw too much interest. Zasi was probably gaining the most attention. The air nomads were notorious for staying in their temples, so people were most likely wondering why an air nomad was wandering around out here. Kesuk stopped for a moment as they reached a busier part of town.

"I suppose that would be what we're looking for," he said, pointing to a shop that clearly had outfits on display. The sooner they finished getting clothes, the sooner they could find a place to stay and actually get some decent rest, because he, for one, was exhausted.

((And yes, I actually researched what colors match more fair-skinned people like Zasi lol. Apparently darker colors are better and brighter colors tend to wash them out. I think. IDK lol. Poor Zasi.))
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 100-em10Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmuFmWaAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 Ladder12Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 12:19 am

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 Behind-violet-eyes.regular All but the fire peeps
Goal in life: Make Kesuk laugh - Zasi: Always on the side of peace

Zasi perked up when Kesuk mentioned something about her eyes. She then gave the waterbender a small frown when he said something about her skin tone not matching. She then shrugged with a small "hmm" and a tilt of the head. He could be right for all she knew. She didn't know much about fashion. Instead she decided to keep quiet (for once, it won't last long. Enjoy it while it lasts) and walk alongside the others. She wasn't sure if she could call them companions just yet. She wanted to, but it was obvious she didn't get along with some of them. Kesuk, the one she seemed to get along with the most -and who she liked the most since he let her hang out with him- was probably the only one she could call a true friend at the moment. Hopefully she would get closer with the others and they would become a giant friend group. Well, except for Yotem. Zasi was still a tad angry about what had happened back at the island, but she was trying to move on. It was never good to stay angry for a long time.

She was slightly embarrassed a good portion of the tip in the small town. not only was she different than the rest, but she also had ruined clothing. It wasn't what most people would think of when the word "airbender" popped into their mind. When Kesuk stopped them, a thought popped into her brain.
"Umm... How are we supposed to get clothes if we don't have anything to pay for said clothes?" She glanced down at her clothes and patted her thigh dramatically to show she had no possessions on her, save for her staff. She definitely did not plan on giving that away. Maybe some of the others had a way to get the clothes?
Back to top Go down
JPower96
JPower96
Souper Member

Spoons : 918
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 15160-11Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmuFmWaAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 3:51 am

Lí the rock thrower

When Kesuk commented about how lime green doesn't exactly match Zasi's skin tone, Lí couldn't help but suppress a giggle. "Yeeeah, cause it's super important for her clothes to match her skin tone when she's fighting firebenders," Lí quipped, and then playfully added, "I didn't realize you were such a fashionista Kesuk; think you can help me pick out some new clothes too?"

Once reached the clothing shop, Kesuk realized Zasi was right. He wasn't used to shopping for anything and didn't carry money on him. In his little town, most transactions were done by barter, exchanging goods and services. They hardly had any shops at all. (Guys... I'm kinda feeling a side quest coming on... Like one of the corny video game ones, idk) Lí approached walked into the shop and approached the shopkeep. "Hello! My name's Xi-Lin. Is there anything I can help you with today?" the man asked him. "I think I'm ok, but I believe my friend here," Lí said, pointing in the direction of the rather raggedy airbender, "is looking for a new outfit." With that, Lí stepped to the side so that Zasi could describe what she what she was looking for.
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 Ladder12Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 Uj7tnCoAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 7:46 pm

Tags: A Few People

When Lí made a sarcastic comment about him being a fashionista, Kesuk, on a whim, retorted, "Sure, but fair warning, I only like blues and black." Something about Lí just brought out the sarcasm in him. No, not something. The sarcasm in Lí brought out the sarcasm in him. Yeah, that was more like it. Or...well, maybe exhaustion had a part to play in it as well. He knew very well that being tired made him less bitingly sarcastic and more playfully sarcastic. It was just that no one else ever realized it because he didn't talk to anyone else...until now. He should probably try to keep that trait under wraps. He didn't like being playfully sarcastic. That was Lí's thing. Kesuk was bitingly sarcastic. Period.

Zasi brought up an excellent point about having no money, then, and Kesuk eyed the shop, making a tentative plan to slip in and slip out with a few outfits. But then Lí approached the shopkeeper and started talking with him. "Great," Kesuk muttered. His first plan of action was no longer an option, because now the shopkeeper knew they were there. Although, to be honest, he had been a bit naive to think that Zasi would actually allow them to steal something for her, or for anyone else. So, for now they would do it Lí's way. Which...appeared to be just talking to the shopkeeper? Zasi could pick outfits all she liked, but that wouldn't pay for them. Unless...oh. Lí was planning to offer their services in exchange for the clothes, wasn't he. He had to be. It was the only other course of action that Kesuk could think of in this situation. Damn that rock thrower. (Although I personally am up for some side-quests so Kesuk will have to deal with it hahaha).

The shopkeeper saw Zasi standing there and immediately lit up. "Ah, an airbender!" he exclaimed. "The air nomad fashion is truly a beautiful thing. Although you clearly have been away from a wardrobe for far too long. I hate to say it, but I don't have any air nomad robes in stock at the moment, but I do have plenty of outfits in orange! Come in, come in, see if anything strikes your fancy!" Kesuk wondered if the man had some kind of clothes fetish or something while the three of them wandered inside the shop. (Sorry, Josh, I made your NPC have a weird clothes fetish. Maybe. Or not, he could just like fashion. Or I'm just tired. That's probably it.)
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 11:43 pm

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 Behind-violet-eyes.regular Her sidekick and the rock thrower
Goal in life: Make Kesuk laugh - Zasi: Always on the side of peace

Zasi jumped slightly at the sudden excitement. She was becoming adjusted to the sarcasm and angry attitudes she wasn't prepared for the energetic shopkeeper. She blinked a few times before a smile and a small blush appeared on her face. She waved a bit, a small wiggle of her hand. "H-hello. Oh- Um... orange is okay." She glanced towards Kesuk and Lí, a slightly giddy expression on her face. She was excited to get to talk to someone who wasn't always serious, but she knew they couldn't stay long. She furrowed her brows, with slightly pinched lips, thinking. 'what colors would Seijin and Kohaku like? They can't wear red clothes, that would give them away.' She turned back towards the shopkeeper and followed him around the shop.

"Do- Do you have any..." She trailed off as noticed all of the colors and fabrics. Her mouth was hanging open slightly. It was beautiful. She wanted to run around and touch everything. She shook her head a bit to snap back to reality. "Do you have anything that might help a few friends of mine? One of them- S-She's a waterbender like my dear friend here." She gestured her head towards Kesuk. "She's not really in the best of moods to go shopping, so I promised her I would find something for her. Now, the other one... He's adorable. Such a cute little earthbender. Sometimes I think he is scared of me because I'm so hyper all the time." She leaned towards Xi-Lin with her hand up like she was whispering a secret. "Being the only airbender in a group can sometimes be tough. Someone has to keep everything exciting. As for my friend, he will warm up to me. These two goofs already have. You should have seen them when I first met them. They were so serious." The small airbender spoke in a loud whisper, a smile on her face. She knew the others would hear her if they were paying attention. Letting out a lighthearted laugh, she leaned back into a normal stance.
Back to top Go down
JPower96
JPower96
Souper Member

Spoons : 918

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 11:12 am

Lí heard Zasi whisper to the shopkeep about the "waterbender" and "cute little earthbender" and smirked slightly to himself. Quick thinking Zasi! Xi-Lin spoke up, "Well, we can most certainly help your friends out! It might be a little easier if they were here, for taking measurements, buuut if you have a good sense of their size, we'll get them set up with some LOVELY outfits! I think between you and me, we could get them suited up better than the models in the big fashion show in Ba Sing Se next month! Ooooh this WILL be exciting!" Xi quickly added though with a grimace (see reference photo) "I DO need to warn you though, that's quite a few outfits and all together, it won't be too cheap."
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 9k=
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 11:35 am

SIDE QUEST

Zasi glanced at her companions before turning back to Xi-Lin. "Well, you see... We don't exactly have anything to give you. Is there any way we could maybe do a trade of some sort? We help you, you help us?" She smiled sweetly and blinked her eyes a bit. Maybe if she seemed likable enough, they could figure something out.

Xi-Lin frowned for moment with a small hum. Clicking his tongue a few times, he glanced around the room. "Aha! There is something you could, I suppose." He walked over to a section of the shop where bottles of dyes and fabrics were located. Scavenging around he pulled out a dried mushroom. "You see.... I am running low on a rather popular dye. This beautiful mushroom right here is how I get this dye I had mentioned. I simply do not have the time to go and collect these mushrooms, as they are farther inland down inside of a small cave. If you manage to collect a bag full of them... I can call it an even trade, and you can have all of the clothes you need free of charge! What do you say?" Xi-Lin turned and grabbed an empty burlap sack. Placing the dried mushroom inside of the sack, he held it out for them to take, if they wished to.
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 12:09 pm

Tags: A Few People and A Weird Shopkeeper

Kesuk half-listened as Zasi described the clothes they needed for herself, Seijin, and Kohaku. Come to think of it, he and Lí should probably look into getting extra outfits themselves if they were planning on being on the road for a while. In all the confusion and chaos of the Fire Nation raid, he hadn't been able to grab any supplies, and he was quite certain Lí hand't brought anything with him either. Kesuk's clothes weren't in as bad of shape as Zasi's, but he didn't appreciate constantly smelling like smoke and dirt.

As the shopkeeper excitedly talked about clothes, Kesuk glanced around the little shop, wondering if there were any decent outfits he might like. Most of them were Earth Kingdom style, of course, and Kesuk would rather stick with the cool blues of the Water Tribe. Suddenly Kesuk started paying attention to the conversation again when the shopkeeper started talking about prices. Zasi batted her eyelashes sweetly and asked if they could work for the outfits they needed. The eccentric shopkeeper asked them to go get some mushrooms from some cave located farther inland.

Kesuk was tired, dirty, hungry, and he smelled like smoke. All he really wanted to do was go take a bath, eat, and sleep. But he knew Zasi would never rest until everyone in the group was safe and comfortable, which meant getting these clothes for her and the others. So Kesuk turned away from the clothes he'd been looking at, stalked up to the shopkeeper, and grabbed the bag out of his hands.

"Where the hell is this cave?" he growled. The shopkeeper squeaked out a small, "To the north, in the woods!" Kesuk was out the door before he even finished the sentence. And he was pissed. Not at Zasi, or the shopkeeper, or anyone in general. He was very bad-tempered at the moment and just wanted to get this over with. This little side-quest hadn't even started yet and he was already so done with it.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 36 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next