Websoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A close-knit online community for general chatter, sharing artwork, and semi-lit role playing.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
xKobiee
xKobiee
Souper Star

Spoons : 415
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 15160-11Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmuFmWaAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 ORFTzGV

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 1:39 pm

((Sorry Rumi, had to help my mom clean out the basement, kind of still continuing but i wanted to post real fast))

Seijin nodded and gestured her arm to follow her. The pathway through the forest looked pack down and used enough that it could lead somewhere, so they might as well follow it. She starting walking quite quickly next to Kohaku, but figured she should slow down a bit for her new companion. She was so used to going at 500 mph she forgot what it was like to just be calm. "If you'd like another peach, just let me know," she said while pushing a branch away. The forest was much thicker than the forests she was used to. It was difficult to see past a certain distance so sensing people would be difficult, but if there was a clearing it would be easy to spot, that's for sure!

Edit: ((Maybe someone's character(s) who arent doing anything could run into them and either 1) see that theyre firenation and bring them into camp all grumpy like, or 2) bring them into camp not realizing they're fire nation and then everyones like "WAIT A DARN TOOTIN SECOND!" or something else with others iDK, bc Cyril and Drac's characters arent interacting with anyone yet and I feel bad OTL))

Last edited by xKobiee on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

Spoons : 756
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 100-em10Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmuFmWaAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 Ladder12Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 2:50 pm

(Yeah I kinda wondered the same thing about people not interacting)

Zasi - Airbender - 16 - Tags//Kesuk

Was relieved she had tightened her core when Kesuk gently nudged her. She beamed at the compliment. Her smile was bright as he gave her new instructions. Her face turned to concentration as she went into focus. She went into the horse stance. She went to do an uppercut, but the balance wasn't what she was used to. She quickly adjusted her motion and it felt easier. She continued to do the motion until it felt easy. Switching to a front stance, she went through some of the basic strikes and swings. She found the upper strike and thrusts were easier with the front stance, while things such as an uppercut and 4-point strike were easier with the horse stance. She experimented with her strikes and stances. After a while she stopped to take a quick breather. "So when it comes to holding the staff, which attacks are better for normal grips, and which are better for narrow grip?" She walked up to Kesuk and wiped her bangs out of her eye.

(See I did some research too finally)
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

Spoons : 406
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 Ladder12Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 Uj7tnCoAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 3:19 pm

Kesuk - Male - 16 - Waterbender

Zasi's motions this time were a lot smoother and stronger as she drew her power from the ground up. Kesuk was mildly impressed with how easily she was taking to this, though he refused to show it. He would've thought this kind of thing would be hard for an airbender; he'd always heard that they were light on their feet, more dodgers than combat fighters. "Much better," he said when she stopped and turned to him. "Most of your strikes will be from a normal hold; for example, many of your overhead strikes and uppercuts. A narrow hold," he moved his hands closer together on his staff, with about a fist's length in between them, "is for more momentum-based techniques such as spinning your staff, or for close-end strikes." He demonstrated, spinning his staff in figure-eights around him. "You can also switch to one hand from this hold, if necessary."
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 100-em10Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmuFmWaAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 Ladder12Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 4:21 pm

(Daw I'm proud of you for doing research! I did some too. i was reading this and was like "yep, yep. Myd has the right idea" XD)

Zasi - Airbender - 16 - Tags//Kesuk

Zasi listened as the waterbender showed how to hold the staff given different situations. She smiled when he began to spin his staff. It was pretty cool. She took in a deep breath as she cooled off. "Ok, you definitely need to teach me that," she pointed casually to his staff, "but for now can we take a break? I have noodle arms." She wiggled her arms. (Sokka and his armbending XD) She smiled and looked around the clearing. She was glad that someone else had seen her secret spot. She looked at Kesuk. He may not be an airbender, but he was still pretty cool to Zasi. She didn't really have a preference on people, it was simply put that the only people she had met were fellow airbenders and monks. She smiled and popped open her glider. "I say we head back to camp, grab some water, and I'll share some of my food. Then we can mess with this." She wiggled her glider in excitement. It would be fun to figure out how to glide. Plus Kesuk could even be the first non-airbender to fly... Well sorta.
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 Ladder12Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 Uj7tnCoAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Kesuk rolled his eyes slightly at the noodle arms comment. This girl was so odd sometimes. In all seriousness, though, she would need to work on her arm muscles if she wanted to be able to keep up with him in any future sparring matches they might have. "Very well," he acquiesced. "Though I already have some food of my own. There is no need to share yours." He half-gestured to the bag he had set down earlier, filled with things he'd foraged this morning. Although...she wanted to stay around him? That was new. Most people didn't stick around for that long, and Kesuk didn't care enough to want them to. Zasi was strangely different from most people, though. Despite her talkativeness, she didn't annoy him as much as most others. Perhaps that was why he didn't mind training with her. Well, it didn't matter. He set his staff down on the ground, slipped his undershirt and shirt back on, then picked the staff and his bag back up. "Shall we?" he asked, half-turned towards Zasi, ready to leave.
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 6:17 pm

Zasi - Airbender -  16 - tags//Kesuk

Zasi laughed a bit when Kesuk rolled his eyes. Nodding her head, she started their journey back to camp. "Ah, so you must be one of those 'nothing is ever funny' kinda of people. That's ok. I don't mind. I know you think it's funny. You just wont show it. You're one of those mysterious guys. Gotcha." She smiled and looked to her side. She was determined to get a reaction from Kesuk somehow. There was no way he was immune to laughter. Zasi glanced around before turning her attention back to the waterbender. "So how did you learn to use a staff? Is it because you have a hard time bending? For a long time growing up I was never really able to bend well. I mean, that's not why I use a staff... I just figured I'd say it just in case." Zasi gave a small smile and glanced up at Kesuk, since he was taller than her.
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Kesuk bit back a sigh when the words started tumbling out of Zasi's mouth while they walked. Next time he wouldn't just work her hard enough to give her noodle arms, he'd work her so hard she'd be too tired to talk. Now there was an interesting thought. How much training does it take to get the bubbly airbender to be quiet? But that was an experiment for another time. While he'd been thinking, Zasi had moved on to asking personal questions. He considered staying silent on the matter and not answering Zasi, but he figured she would just keep asking. It couldn't hurt terribly much to answer, in any case. "I learned to fight with a staff because everyone in my family fought with weapons. They weren't benders. No one expected me to be a waterbender, so no one taught me to waterbend," he answered, glossing over the whole history of it to keep his explanation as short as possible. "I have picked up a little on my own, but not enough. So I fight with a staff."
Back to top Go down
rumioki
rumioki
Souper Member

Spoons : 102
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmuFmWa

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 7:08 pm

K O H A K U - Male - 17 - Firebender
Kohaku nodded, biting into the peach, wiping away a bit of the sweet juice that dribbled down his chin. A small smile curled at the corner of his lips, his stomach almost instantly relieved as the food reached it. Perhaps traveling with someone wasn't so bad after all. They were moving a bit more quickly than he was accustomed to traveling at, but he couldn't complain as he wasn't starving either.
He quickly devoured the peach and tossed aside the pit into the bushes, wiping down his hands and licking his lips, trying to get the last of the juices. He considered asking the woman for another, but refrained from doing so, not wanting to owe her any more than he did already.
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 8:59 pm

Zasi - Airbender - 16 - Tags//Kesuk, Yotem

Zasi walked beside the waterbender. He didn't speak for a while after Zasi started talking. Apparently she wouldn't get a response for anything. She opened her mouth to start talking when Kesuk spoke. He was mostly blunt and to the point. Zasi decided he must not like talking about his past. She nodded and glanced over to her side. "It must have been tough." Zasi wasn't sure how to react. He didn't seem upset, and she was fairly sure he didn't want sympathy. "So if your family weren't benders, then how did you know you were? Well, how did you find out you were anyways?" She watched where sje was walking as the pair was making it closer to the camp. She didn't really know what all to say, but she was curious about this boy. Who knew, maybe he would ignore her. She didn't really mind. She just felt like asking anyways.
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Kesuk - Male - 16 -Waterbender

Kesuk glanced at Zasi beside him and shrugged. "My abilities manifested late. I was arguing rather heatedly with my brother one day. It was the first time I'd ever gotten so mad at him. Next thing I knew, our igloo got a giant crack in it and collapsed around us. After that, I tried a couple times to move water, and was sort of able to. My family was going to try and find a bender to teach me, and then the Fire Nation attacked our village." He shut his mouth, then, not ready to dive into those memories with someone he'd only known for one day. He'd already talked about it far too much. Instead he turned his attention to the path in front of them as they entered the refugee camp.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next