A close-knit online community for general chatter, sharing artwork, and semi-lit role playing.

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Discussion (CLOSED)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

What should our group pet be?
Snow Leopard Caribou
14%
 14% [ 3 ]
Deer Dog
18%
 18% [ 4 ]
Squirrel Frog
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Fox Leopard (a "create-our-own")
18%
 18% [ 4 ]
Polar Dog
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
Eel Hound (runt)
27%
 27% [ 6 ]
Mongoose Lizard (runt)
9%
 9% [ 2 ]
Create our own group pet that's different from those listed above
9%
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Kemi
Souper Star

Spoons : 536

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Discussion (CLOSED)   Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:07 am

But also keep in mind that the caribou can't fit 8 people on it, so characters would have to share the use of riding him/her. Frantic

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

Back to top Go down
http://websoup.forumotion.com
Dracowolf
Souper Member

Spoons : 97

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Discussion (CLOSED)   Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:13 am

Yes, but they are strong.

Rough terrain you make something quickly that can get through it use the snow leopard caribou to pull it while those used to that terrain lead the way.

In a fight if someone gets injured you not only have instant protection for them but a way to get them safely away.

You have a good way to scout quickly through a dense area.

It can fight, and intimidate. It's easier to tell someone no just because they demand it, a lot hard to do it when you have a massive cat growling at you inches from your face.

In colder climates and at night those who aren't use to it have a big warm buddy.

Not only does it have a bite but antlers are a very effective weapon and it can clear a path with them if it needs to. A tree falls and you don't want to use bending to get rid of it. Antlers + Pushing force of a big animal = Out of the way.

Now there are drawbacks
A lot harder to get around towns with something of that size following you.
It draws attention, and a lot of attention at that, mostly not good attention.
Away from the snow it is easier to see at a distance because it's white.
It will likely eat more than something smaller.
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
Souper Star

Spoons : 674

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Discussion (CLOSED)   Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:26 am

Hmmm what if instead of having one animal, we have two or three? That way the group can travel if each animal has two-three people on it. That or we could use just one animal, but have it help them with transporting stuff like tents and such.
Back to top Go down
Kemi
Souper Star

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Discussion (CLOSED)   Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:43 am

Seeing as our group will be sneaking around and trying to stay in hiding, particularly if/when they break into the Fire Nation, having three giant animals would not be too convenient. Especially when our group already has eight people in it, that's a little hard to hide in itself. Razz

I agree that if we have one big animal, it can be used to carry supplies, tents, and what not. As well as all the other pros that Drac mentioned in the comment before yours. I think I'd most likely vote for the snow leopard caribou over the deer dog.

Everyone look through the list of animals and put in your top one animal suggestion. Once we have eight suggestions (or less, if two people suggest the same animal) I will set up a poll and we can have an official vote on our group pet!

Edit: If we end up having one big animal, maybe one more smaller animal (like the deer dog, for example) can also join us later on! But probably no more than that, in my opinion. o:

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

Spoons : 480

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Discussion (CLOSED)   Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:45 am

I'm mixed about the leopard caribou. You're right in that it would be very conspicuous. I'm not sure it would be as fun if we're traveling in such a conspicuous group *shrug*

I feel like something feline or birdlike that can ride on someone's shoulders would be a lot easier to deal with, or something medium-sized but still intimidating and can fight, like an Alaskan Malamute. I looked through the wiki, but didn't find anything quite like that, though there is a polar dog (not a polar bear dog, a polar dog, kind of like an Alaskan Malamute but more polar bear-ish). Is there any reason we can't make up a hybrid animal of our own? Maybe a cross of two animals that would be very good intimidators, like a tiger-leopard, or something?
Back to top Go down
Kemi
Souper Star

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Discussion (CLOSED)   Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:49 am

You got a point there about being too conspicuous. Confuzzled

I don't see why not -- we could possibly through our own animal together if everyone else agrees! Your suggestion can be for that, if you'd like, and we can have that as an option in the poll?

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
Souper Star

Spoons : 674

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Discussion (CLOSED)   Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:15 pm

What if we had something small like a squirrelfrog if we just want something just cute and for fun. We could also just mix our own animal together if we want something a bit larger.
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

Spoons : 480

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Discussion (CLOSED)   Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:26 pm

I feel like our group needs something not too cute. I don't know why, but I get that kind of feeling from our charries? Is that just me? Like, something that could be cute, but can also be very intimidating which is why I suggested something feline.

And I actually don't even know what a tiger-leopard would look like, lol, I was just randomly throwing something out there. If I'm going to suggest something, I'd rather it be something with fox in it. Like a fox-leopard (fox with leopard spots?) or a fox-wolf. So it can be cunning and sly and rather intimidating, but also cute at times.
Back to top Go down
Kemi
Souper Star

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Discussion (CLOSED)   Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:40 pm

Oh my god that squirrel frog Razz

I agree; we need something that's fierce and intimidating, yet can be cute when need be.

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

Back to top Go down
rumioki
Souper Member

Spoons : 54

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Discussion (CLOSED)   Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:41 pm

I actually really like the sound of fox-leopard (slightly biased b/c foxes are my favorite animals XDD) but I feel like it can be both cunning and cute.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Discussion (CLOSED)   

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Discussion (CLOSED)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next