A close-knit online community for general chatter, sharing artwork, and semi-lit role playing.

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Discussion and Desired RPs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dracowolf
Souper Member

Spoons : 118

PostSubject: Discussion and Desired RPs   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:18 pm

Well, we had a topic on the other server about it, might as well keep one here. Main reason why is I noticed the chat box isn't saving my messages up front rather they're just going into the archive, so I want to make sure this is in a place people can see.

I intend to have some RPs going up over the next few days. Including the ones we talked about.

Ones I'm looking to bring currently over:

First and foremost the Dragon one. Though I'd still like opinions on plot.
We had chosen Post-Apocalypse but never decided if riders were included or not. The proposed base plot was this:
Spoiler:

Second RP that needs to be finished is that of the Werewolf one either pirate or modern day.

I also had the shifter one that I think I will put up a version of soon.
Spoiler:

The final RP that I might put up, depends on if someone else wants to start a Warrior Cat RP or not here was the one where it's Starclan cats being brought back from the dead to fight an unknown force in defense of the Ancients. Starting with the forming of a new clan made up of these Starclan cats made complicated by having multiple leaders brought back and multiple medicine cats, having the cats being from all over the world so they may or may not know each other right off the bat, all those fun complications.

As always I look forward to any and all opinions.

After the RPs are set up hopefully this becomes a place where we can continue to come up with new RPs, bounce ideas around and find partners for RPs.

Last edited by Dracowolf on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xKobiee
Souper Star

Spoons : 512

PostSubject: Re: Discussion and Desired RPs   Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:04 am

Im not sure yet about how I feel about adding riders. While it would be cool to stick to purely dragons, it could be cool to have a couple of riders trying to make peace between the humans and dragons or something. It might allow some cool plot stuff. But at the same time, I personally wouldnt want the humans/riders to become the main characters played and have the dragons be the supporting characters (if that makes any sense @m@ ) Like it should center mostly/entirely on rping as the dragons, and/or find a balanced way of having them coexist

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

Back to top Go down
Dracowolf
Souper Member

PostSubject: Re: Discussion and Desired RPs   Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:06 am

What if we start without and add the possibility of riders down the line after the dragons have been established?

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

Back to top Go down
Dracowolf
Souper Member

PostSubject: Re: Discussion and Desired RPs   Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Alright, I was working on possible werewolf plots. They'll be in the spoilers before but a little side information.

Personally when I do werewolf RPs I have two types of werewolves I allow, this is so that whatever your idea of a werewolf is, it can fit. The typical names I use are Lycans and Loups. Lycans are the humanoid style, they get the bonus of being able to pick things up with their hands, use tools, they are strong but they’re not as fast as the Loups. Lycans are more likely to claw than bite which is a powerful attack from their strength but tends to push targets away from them. Loups on the other hand are the big wolves, ranging from the size of an average wolf to double, rarely triple their size. They’re faster that Lycans and rely more on their bite to fight which of course grips a target and keeps it close with extremely powerful jaws. Really neither side is stronger than the other overall, they both have immense strength it’s just which one opens doors and which one just rams against them. My excuse for werewolves being one or the other is that when it comes time for their first shift, be it infectious, chemically altered, natural, whatever the choice, the person has an internal fight between their beast side and the human side. Those drawn more towards the beast and nature’s call take on the form of a Loup and that becomes their shift. On the other side if they cling to their humanity and that form, they become a Lycan.

Now for plots. The first I worked on was the pirate one. Most of the following is establishing a world where the wolves would exist, by dipping into history and changing it. It is long so I'll put it in a spoiler.

Pirates:

As you'll notice when it comes to goals in the RP, it is open ended. It allows for things like cursed treasures and magical artifacts, it allows for second screws, and it allows for general fights against soldiers. I personally like racing towards magical artifacts of untold power and we can easily give someone something to help towards that goal. I also like evil ships of powerful pirates with cursed weapons that causes people to band together against them.

Now with Modern Day, I took a little more time. There was the obvious Vamps vs Werewolves vs Hunters that could be fun where you split a city in two and have one side controlled by werewolves where Vamps control the other but then it takes that attention away from the werewolves, which we can do if that's what people prefer. Instead I borrowed some ideas from shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer in terms of having a place that attracts trouble. It's a lot shorter than the pirate one but I have other ideas with it.

Modern Day:

Other ideas with it. Other than allowing for any sort of creature to arrive to fight one thing that can happen are corrupted werewolves. A very small pack that thinks its time for the creatures of the night to rule the world, that humanity had its chance. These wolves would be again, a very small pack but to make them a real threat to everyone they would be immune to silver to the point that they can use it as a weapon against others of their kind.

I am of course open to other ideas if anyone has any. I'm open to other plots, this is just what I have. Pitch whatever plots you would like for werewolves and in time we can add a poll to the thread to see who would like what the most or we can just talk about it and if one seems popular we'll set that one up.
Back to top Go down
Kemi
Souper Star

Spoons : 627

PostSubject: Re: Discussion and Desired RPs   Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Dracowolf wrote:
What if we start without and add the possibility of riders down the line after the dragons have been established?

I agree with this. No riders in the beginning, just strictly roleplaying dragons, and then later on if we want to spice up the plot a little more we could introduce them!

As for the werewolf roleplay, I vote modern day all the way. I've only ever roleplayed what you call "Loups," as that's what I prefer, but the way you describe adding both in one roleplay is really sparking my interest!
Back to top Go down
http://websoup.forumotion.com
xKobiee
Souper Star

PostSubject: Re: Discussion and Desired RPs   Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:15 pm

BUFFY YEeeeEEeeEeeS <3
*gathers self* ahem... anywho,

I agree with Kemi about the Dragon RP ^w^

OH god descisions LOL I'm not sure which I'd perfer. I'm kind of leaning towards modern day, especially bc of the Buffy vibes Im getting from it and it sounds like it'll be fun but pirates are cool*rolls around frantically*

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

Spoons : 1035

PostSubject: Re: Discussion and Desired RPs   Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Ummm not to just barge in here (mainly because I'm at a total loss for these rps since they started in the old chat but anywhoos) what if for the werewolf rp, you did a mix of both modern and pirates? Kinda like a steampunk thingy... Not sure if you know about Fallout (I'm such a game nerd) but that's the image I see. It has futuristic stuff, like the ability to be immune to things or have certain dna modifications, but it also has a retro pirate feel (ish) where you run around looking for treasure and artifacts.
Back to top Go down
xKobiee
Souper Star

PostSubject: Re: Discussion and Desired RPs   Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:10 pm

Oh no dont worry, you're not barging in at all! The old topic on the old forum was for everyone to talk on c: You're here now so go right ahead and post away about what you might like to see/rp in :D

Summary: On the old forum we were trying figure out a few RP's to start up that we were interested in doing. Many polls later, we've finally narrowed it down to a Post-Apocalyptic Dragon RP, and a werewolf rp but are still trying to decide on some things as you can tell LOL

But ooooo...that sounds interesting! Especially bc even in BTVS, there were artifacts/ancient demony objects that popped up every once in a while. Maybe some werewolves are sailors/voyagers and do this kind of artifact hunting, while others stay and protect the land. iDK

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

Spoons : 1035

PostSubject: Re: Discussion and Desired RPs   Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Well in that case, I honestly have no idea what they could do... maybe have yet another poll to decide on pirates or modern I suppose? I've actually never heard of anyone doing a pirate like one. Most just try to go with the modern like twilight kinda thing XD (not a fan of twilight, sorry for those of you who are)
Back to top Go down
Dracowolf
Souper Member

PostSubject: Re: Discussion and Desired RPs   Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Not a Twilight person, I believe in unique plots that work to build a history and to have villains and challenges to beat. Romance with sparkle fangs? No thanks.

Modern and Pirate had originally tied which put us here, and ultimately I might put that poll up against, I just want to see what the response is in general talking. I'm always up for other ideas and adapting Even in the old thread there were talks of a few other different RPs, including lions and horses. I personally am a hero and villain type person, I want to stack the odds against heroes and see them fight it off, so many of my plots lean towards that style or a mystery style that leads to one. But setting wise I look into a lot of different options. Westerns, dystopias, futuristic, and ultimately how a world changes because creatures like werewolves can exist and can impact history.

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion and Desired RPs   

Back to top Go down

Discussion and Desired RPs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next