Websoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A close-knit online community for general chatter, sharing artwork, and semi-lit role playing.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anime! (And Manga Too)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dracowolf
Dracowolf
Souper Newbie

Spoons : 103
Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 15160-11

Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime! (And Manga Too)   Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 2:22 am

Well if you don't count Pokemon and Digimon, which technically they are...

The first anime I watched through was Outlaw Star. I watched some of Slayers and that was years ago. I've seen various episodes of things, including Neon Genesis Evangelion. I did Wolf's Rain a long time ago. No. 6 which I have opinions that are not overly popular on. Inuyasha was one that I watched a lot when it came on at night so I never watched from beginning to end more just whatever episode was on Fridays nights here. Ouran Highschool, I don't know why I watched it but one day I just did. I did a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop, I'm considering looking at it again to see if I like it more now. I watched a few episodes of Trigun but I just couldn't get into it, part of that was I have two older brothers and as a kid I naturally didn't want to like the shows they did, that changed eventually.

Did some episodes of The Devil is a Part-timer. Attack of Titan was a few years ago like about 2 or 3 for me been meaning to watch it again.

I watched Death Note and Black Butler when I was in high school and a little bit of something I think was called Spiral.

The last Anime I watched form beginning to end was Assassination Classroom which I enjoyed.

Outlaw Star remains one of my personal favorites though, it holds a very special place in my heart. I liked the mix of science and magic, I liked the characters in it, some more than others. I liked the magic bullets they had and the different uses for them. I liked the friendship between Gene and Jim in fact I absolutely adored Jim as a kid. Noting I wasn't that when I first saw it I was probably around 12 or 13. A few years ago I rewatched it and I still very much enjoyed it, though when I rewatched it I watched the uncensored version compared to what I saw as a kid.

Manga wise I didn't read much, but for a while I did collect a few Black Butler ones and mostly Kingdom Hearts ones.  Mostly the Kingdom Hearts ones because that was my favorite series for a while. I did own a Warcraft one, the one on the Sunwell Trilogy I believe which I remember enjoying.
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

Spoons : 406
Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 Ladder12Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 Uj7tnCoAnime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Anime! (And Manga Too)   Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Hmm, I've never seen Outlaw Star. It sounds good, I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
matchamochi
matchamochi
Souper Newbie

Spoons : 24

PostSubject: Re: Anime! (And Manga Too)   Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 3:53 pm

i spend way too much time (and money) on anime/manga and i blame my father for it wholly. when i was little my family would eat dinner in the living room and watch a movie or something every friday or saturday. at some point he got (pirated) cds of sailor moon from his friend(???) online and decided that's what we were watching. so little babby me watched the whole of the sailor moon anime, and the live action. i remember none of it. we also watched some of mythical detective loki ragnarock, but had to stop when blockbuster closed down LOL.

i was too young to read that fast, so my dad read the subtitles out loud for me... he's like, this really big dude with a Deep voice, reading out the dialogue of sailor moon, it was amazing honestly.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/satsukikururugi
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 Ladder12Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 Uj7tnCoAnime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Anime! (And Manga Too)   Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 4:21 pm

Lol, that sounds AMAZING! My dad does not quite care for my anime habit. He thinks it's a waste of time, but he doesn't really stop me (nor does he know how much time I actually spend watching anime, lol), so whatever. But I reallly want to hear your dad reading out Sailor Moon subtitles. Much better than any dub, I'll bet :P
Back to top Go down
galaxykitty
galaxykitty
Souper Star

Spoons : 763
Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 6H9xZGOAnime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 EmuFmWaAnime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 Ladder12Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 HI1KGmI

PostSubject: Re: Anime! (And Manga Too)   Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm honestly jealous;; I wish my parents were like that,,,,
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

PostSubject: Re: Anime! (And Manga Too)   Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 6:25 pm

Yeah, they're pretty chill. I never even had a curfew. But that's because I never go out, lol. I don't have a life, so they have no need to control it :P It's the solution for all angsty teens!
Back to top Go down
galaxykitty
galaxykitty
Souper Star

Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 6H9xZGOAnime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 EmuFmWaAnime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 Ladder12Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 HI1KGmI

PostSubject: Re: Anime! (And Manga Too)   Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 9:01 am

My parents have the opposite reaction for me having no life, and I fail miserably at trying to get one two .-.
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

PostSubject: Re: Anime! (And Manga Too)   Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 9:26 pm

Just an update, started watching Outlaw Star and Kemono Souja no Erin, both looking good so far. I should really watch Attack on Titan someday.

Also, resurrecting this thread from the dead just in case anyone who's new wants to take a look at it lol.
Back to top Go down
galaxykitty
galaxykitty
Souper Star

PostSubject: Re: Anime! (And Manga Too)   Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 10:04 am

oh I still haven't ever watched attack on titan lol
Back to top Go down
Xaphan
Xaphan
Souper Newbie

Spoons : 24

PostSubject: Re: Anime! (And Manga Too)   Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 12:22 pm

I'm currently watching the new Fruits Basket, and I'm falling in love with it all over again~
- I decided to re-read the manga again, and I can't wait to see it come alive in the new anime ;w;
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime! (And Manga Too)   Anime! (And Manga Too) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anime! (And Manga Too)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Websoup :: GENERAL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: