Websoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A close-knit online community for general chatter, sharing artwork, and semi-lit role playing.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Where should our instant messaging take place?
Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* Qnn4mu14%Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* Qnn4mu
 14% [ 1 ]
Discord
Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* Qnn4mu43%Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* Qnn4mu
 43% [ 3 ]
Websoup's Chatbox
Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* Qnn4mu43%Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* Qnn4mu
 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Kemi
Kemi
Souper Star

Spoons : 567
Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* 15160-11Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* A637d510Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* EmuFmWaWhere to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* ORFTzGV

Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* Empty
PostSubject: Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED*   Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Alright, it's time to discuss this question looming over some of our heads:

Where should our instant messaging take place?

Yes, we are currently using Skype; however, the staff and I believe
we should come together as a community and discuss what
the majority would prefer, and if any changes need to be made.

Our options are...
  • Remove Websoup's off-site instant messaging altogether and go back to strictly using the
    forum's deserted chat box (other than forum events, like game/movie nights of course!)

Kobi and I have attempted to throw together a little pros and cons list
for those of you who don't know a lot about one (or either) of the platforms:

Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* Skypev10

Please vote in the poll above and leave your two cents in the comments below if possible!
Back to top Go down
https://websoup.forumotion.com
galaxykitty
galaxykitty
Souper Star

Spoons : 763
Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* 6H9xZGOWhere to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* EmuFmWaWhere to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* Ladder12Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* HI1KGmI

PostSubject: Re: Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED*   Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 8:01 am

I say the chat box is best. Off site I do say that discord would be better than skype. All in all though the chatbox is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

Spoons : 756
Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* 100-em10Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* EmuFmWaWhere to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* Ladder12Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED*   Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 4:22 pm

I agree with Galaxy, honestly. I feel we need to bring the chatbox back to its former glory. AS for the Discord and Skype, I feel like we should stick with what we have? I mean moving could be a task, though it's up to the votes honestly.
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

Spoons : 406
Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* Ladder12Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* Uj7tnCoWhere to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED*   Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 9:34 pm

I also really like the chatbox, especially with its archive function. I can save large discussions that way (mwahahaha! XD). The one thing I do really like about the Skype app on Windows 10 is the notifications it gives me. It shows me a pop-up of the message right on my screen no matter what tab I'm on, and oftentimes I don't even bother to pull up my Skype app to reply since I can do it through the pop-up. In the chatbox, when I'm in a different tab, I don't hear the sound of a new reply every time and then I don't notice when someone's talking to me, which kinda sucks. Also, it's nice having different Skype groups for the rps, especially the Avatar rp. I know that we kind of annoyed some people when we were constantly discussing it in the chatbox. Then again, new members will often be in the chatbox, but they usually don't join the Skype group, at least not right away. So if we're talking in the chatbox, then they have a chance to jump in with us (although they usually don't haha). Overall, for convenience and ease of seeing/replying to messages, Skype is better, but I also want to see the chatbox restored to its former glory, so I'm kinda torn, sorry.

As for Discord vs. Skype, I don't know much about Discord and have never used it, but I will say that the Skype app on Windows 10 is pretty good. Except you can't change your freaking display name lol.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED*   Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED* Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to Chat? *INPUT NEEDED*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1