Websoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A close-knit online community for general chatter, sharing artwork, and semi-lit role playing.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

Spoons : 406
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 Ladder12Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 Uj7tnCoAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 ORFTzGV

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 12:37 pm

((Ah, c'mon, Kemi, put your back into it!! :P))

Kesuk - Male- 16 - Waterbender

Kesuk relaxed as the Earthbender seemed to settle down a bit. Feeling less defensive now that she wasn't quite so in his face, he felt more inclined to actually pay attention to what she was saying. She was asking him if he knew anyone who needed firewood. "No, not personally," he answered. "But seeing as everyone here is a refugee, and many of them elderly, I'm guessing at least half the people in the immediate vicinity would be grateful for a little extra firewood." He gave her a bland look, wondering why she hadn't used this logic herself.

((I'm having a hard time characterising my own character, lol. I get the feeling from him that he's a tiny bit narcissitic in a dispassionate way, but that is so incredibly hard to write without making everyone else's characters immediately dislike him. OMG, why did I make a character like this?! XD If any of you feel like he's coming off too harsh at any point, PLEASE tell me, I'll fix it as best I can. Right now I'm just trying to settle him into himself. Of course, it also might be because I'm a bit like that too, lol))
Back to top Go down
Kemi
Kemi
Souper Star

Spoons : 567
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 15160-11Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 A637d510Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmuFmWaAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 12:52 pm

Kyori - Female - 17 - Earthbender

Kyori's eyebrow twitched with slight irritation as she picked up on a hint of what she thought was rudeness in the waterbender's words. "Thanks," she managed to say somewhat flatly before turning around and carrying on her path through camp. "Seeing as everyone here is a refugee," she mocked his words in her head. No shit.
The firewood continued getting heavier in Kyori's arms, and as soon as she was about to set it down to take a break, she spotted a male earthbender (( Lì get your butt in here )) with a rabbit-squirrel slung over his shoulders. Her stomach growled in sight of one of her favorite meals. The earthbender was looking around as if in search for something. "Would you be looking to trade that rabbit-squirrel?" Ky called to him, stepping in his direction with a tilt of questioning in her posture.
Back to top Go down
https://websoup.forumotion.com
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 Ladder12Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 Uj7tnCoAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 1:10 pm

Kesuk - Male - 16 - Waterbender

Kesuk rolled his eyes as the Earthbender stalked off. Well, then. Whatever. He turned around as well, making his way back towards his living space near the outskirts of the refugee camp. If he never ran into that girl again, he wouldn't mind. She was just too opposite of him. Then again, he thought the same about most people, so there was nothing strange there.

((Lol, Kemi, I love your little 'Lì, get your butt in here' mid-RP))
Back to top Go down
xCyril
xCyril
Souper Member

Spoons : 59
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 15160-11Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmuFmWa

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 1:16 pm

Y O T E M   \\ 19   \\ waterbender \\   tags; open

His heart pounded, sweat beading down his forehead as he waited. Still hands gripped a wooden spear that was positioned to be thrown. He crouched down behind some green bushes, hiding. There, a few feet in front of him, was a small deer-like creature grazing peacefully on some grass. He took one step closer and raised the spear, his eyes never leaving the creature. One more step… Snap! The deer creature lifted its head and easily spotted the white helm that resembled a wolf and without hesitating it ran. He threw the spear as fast as he could, but was too late. His prey had already run off. Huffing in frustration he stood up, took his helm off, and walked over to the spear that had struck the tree and pulled. He had just gotten the spear to loosen when the tip cracked. Sighing heavily, he carried the broken spear with him and proceeded to leave the forest behind.  

Yotem had once again failed in hunting large game. His brightly colored clothing, and his white wolf helm which reflected sunlight gave his position away, the cheaply made spear he made this time didn’t last very well. Hunting in this unfamiliar terrain isn’t exactly easy as well, for he was dressed and taught how to hunt in the cold, open grounds in the Water Tribe. But Yotem would have to learn faster if he wanted to eat and to continue on his quest.

He soon entered an open clearing, the site of the refugee camp. Children were running around and other going about their business. Despite being all alone Yotem refused to interact with the camp’s inhabitants. Last time that happen he nearly got himself kicked out. A child, curious about the newcomer, approached the man from behind and called to him. When he turned around, the child became scared as his wolf helm to the child made Yotem appear as a scary beast. To try and calm them he took off the helm, but his stoic look and the large scar over his eye caused the child to scream, which of course got the attention of adults. Threats and weapons aimed at him, Yotem quickly put on the helm and fled. After that incident Yotem kept to himself, placing his tent on the outskirts of the camp. And after 2 weeks living in the refugee camp, as he heard that someone had knowledge of the man he has been seeking out, Yotem has learned to make himself scarce and invisible to most of the members hear in the refugee camp.

He stood for a moment, watching the people live out their lives when a young girl soon walked out, gazing at him. He froze, the world around him becoming blurred and muted, time slowing down. As the girl called out, he soon heard her calling out his name. “Yotem! Yotem!” The voice was so familiar when he saw her; his sister. Yotem chocked up, unable to say anything. But he quickly snapped out of his trance and everything became clear, time returning to its normal speed. The girl was joined by another person of her age and soon they disappeared. Yotem stood still, unmoving. He kept denying it, kept refusing the truth, but the facts remained unchanged; his sister was dead and he was here to avenge her death.  Shaking his head he placed his helm back on his head and headed over to his settlement to make new and stronger weapons in order to be successful in future hunts.
Back to top Go down
xKobiee
xKobiee
Souper Star

Spoons : 415
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 15160-11Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmuFmWaAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 1:39 pm

Seijin - Female - 18 - Firebender

Seijin's eyes fluttered open as the cool late morning forest breeze hit her face. She yawned, and groggily looked up at the peach tree she fell asleep against. Damn, she cursed in her head. She had slept in past sunrise yet again, for the third time in a row to be more exact. She hated doing that since there was more of a chance of someone, maybe even Fire Nation, running into her, but lately she had no choice. Her incessant traveling the past couple of months had her weary and tired so she was bound to catch up on sleep soon enough.

Her relaxation didn't last for long, though. Seijin suddenly heard a rustling sound not to far off (Kohaku). Her heart raced faster and faster as her body's adrenaline skyrocketed. She quickly gathered all her belongings, stuffed a few peaches into her bag, and started to creep towards the sound. Seijin swiftly stepped out infront of him, bow drawn and directly aiming at his head. She glared heatedly into his eyes, not saying a single word.

((edited it to fit more of her personality. rping a person who doesnt talk much is going to be a good challenge LOL))

Last edited by xKobiee on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

Spoons : 756
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 100-em10Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmuFmWaAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 Ladder12Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 1:50 pm

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 263171lxlble1hnk
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 Florentia.regular
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 263171lxlble1hnk

Zasi glanced around the clearing before attempting to put the wings back down on the staff. She honestly had no idea how she had done it in the first place. She fiddled with the staff for a bit before it slid back into place. Feeling satisfied with herself, she made her way back to camp. She would have to mess with it more later on. Next on the list of things was to help those in need. Zasi made her way into the camp, a bit lost. She still wasn't familiar with the camp. Walking around for a bit, she spotted what she assumed was an waterbender(Kesuk). She made her way over to the male. He didn't seem like he was in need, but he looked like he needed someone to talk to. Zasi made her way over to the male and gave a small smile. "Hello. I'm Zasi. I'm um, pretty new to the camp. Do you need any help with anything? I'd be glad to help." She smiled and rubbed the back of her neck. It was one of her most awkward introductions, but oh well. She gave another smile in hopes she didn't seem weird. "Oh! What's your name? I forgot to ask." She gave a cheeky smile.

(Edit- Yep Zasi is a blonde for a reason)

Last edited by distressed_piglet on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JPower96
JPower96
Souper Member

Spoons : 918
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 15160-11Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmuFmWaAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 2:04 pm

Lì Ren- Male - 19 - Earthbender

As Lì Ren made his way back through the ever-growing camp, he couldn't help but feel guilty with two good sized meals in his hut, and one slung over his back; it seemed to him as though half of the residents here were too young to fend for themselves, and the other half were too old. His mind traveled back to his village... to his mother... these people were as helpless as his village had been when the fire nation had attacked. But at least his village had all had one another to keep an eye out for them before it was burned down. These people had no one. As this was all tumbling through his mind, he saw another person from the earth nation- a girl who looked to be around his age- carrying a stack of kindling. Suddenly, an idea came to him that he couldn't shake. Maybe he and some others, like this young girl, could try to pull together something of a feast for the camp! Perhaps it could liven some spirits and help to create a sense of community among the disparate refugees. But of course, he couldn't do it alone.
Li was shaken from this reverie when the earth nation girl walked up to him and said, "Would you be looking to trade that rabbit-squirrel?"
"I actually would, in fact. I just got back from a hunt and was planning on finding some wood to cook over. Although seeing how little everyone else here has, I'd honestly feel kinda funny eating so well right now. I'm Li Ren by the way. I just got here a few days ago."

Last edited by JPower96 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dracowolf
Dracowolf
Souper Newbie

Spoons : 103
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 15160-11

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 2:05 pm

((He found it to drop the kid off but actually stays outside of the camp most of the time. Since wanted posters existed of him, though they are old, he's still terrified someone will remember and recognize him, even here. Leon honestly believes if he's found out he'll have to deal with mob justice.))

Leon - 21 - Firebender /Ex-solider
Disguised as: Water Tribe Warrior - Tags: Open
The cool water helped a lot. It kept him alert after rough nights of little sleep. It helped chase the memories away, back to the dark corner of his mind where he could forget for one moment the things he had been a part of. He stayed crouched over the water for a few more moments before grabbing his helmet and standing straight. He put the helmet on, straightening it carefully. He needed food. He could hunt but he suspected other hunters had been out already, he didn't want to strain the island, not until a system was worked out. If everyone relied on hunting there was no telling how long they could last and they may be here for years, if not the rest of their lives.

That meant going back into the camp and finding someone willing to trade. Sure, there were those willing to share, but he never felt right. For all he knew, they were here because he was the one who destroyed their home. Trading was better, until he figured out where to go. Still, he didn't have much to trade but he could offer work. With a quick look around he went towards the camp, bag slung over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
MydnightAvatar
Souper Star

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 2:14 pm

((Lol, Kesuk's a waterbender XD Unless Zasi just really had a blonde moment there :P))

Kesuk - Male - 16 - Waterbender

Kesuk turned slightly to face the girl who was talking to him. He blinked in surprise when he saw that she was an airbender. At least, with the robes and staff, that was what she looked like. This was new. He'd never seen an airbender before. They usually stayed in their temples. Unfortunately, she seemed rather the outgoing type. He was never quite sure how to handle people like that. Kesuk shook his head in response to her question. "Your help is unnecessary. I was only heading back to my tent." He hesitated slightly when she- Zasi, she'd said her name was Zasi, right?- gave him a cheeky smile. What was that supposed to mean? He didn't understand girls, and didn't exactly want to, either. Oh, well, he supposed he would just go along with it for now. "And my name is Kesuk," he finished.
Back to top Go down
Kemi
Kemi
Souper Star

Spoons : 567
Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 15160-11Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 A637d510Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmuFmWaAvatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 2:19 pm

(( Me upon seeing Cyril's first post: "Oh boy I have a long post to read. I better go pee first." Lol! ))

Kyori - Female - 17 - Earthbender

Kyori's eyes brightened upon Lì's words. "I went out and fetched it this morning" she said, motioning to her armful of firewood. "I was looking around for anyone who needed it." Ky again eyed the rabbit squirrel in his possession. "I've not eaten all day and rabbit squirrel's one of my favorites!" She finally set down the stack of wood near her feet, relieved to have the weight gone from her arms. "The name's Kyori," she said, confidently sticking out her hand to shake. "Welcome to the refugee camp."

Last edited by Kemi on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://websoup.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!   Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Scorching Earth // Not Accepting!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next