Websoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A close-knit online community for general chatter, sharing artwork, and semi-lit role playing.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rift Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rumioki
rumioki
Souper Member

Spoons : 102
Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmuFmWa

Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rift Discussion Thread   Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 11:02 pm

Since creatures can't be killed with normal weapons, the magic from the tome needs to be used. I was thinking it's some kind of light magic or something but no one really knows other than the keeper XD

So the bullets they use are enchanted with the power from the tome and it's an automatic process for everything they use. The bullets themselves look like a streak of light when they are fired and if your character has some other weapon, ie: a knife, it's most likely that the blade will be enchanted with the tome's power and the indication would be that it glows when unsheathed or something. But you can get creative and have a character with a syringe that injects the creatures with the power or anything you can think of that makes sense within the time period ovo

I hope that answered your question. If it didn't, ask me to clarify more ;v;
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

Spoons : 756
Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 100-em10Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmuFmWaRift Discussion Thread - Page 2 Ladder12Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Rift Discussion Thread   Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 2:07 pm

Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 Outfit_001_full
Image/Description: (This is his human form)
Name: James Hemming (His alias name)
Weapon: n.a
+Traits: Persuasive, quick reflexes
-Traits: Good liar, shows/has little emotion (is that considered a - trait since he's a Peior, who knows)
History: James doesn't remember much from his days as a Signum. He was a simple mindless creature. When he became a Peior, things changed. He could actually experience and partake in the world, leading minions to fill their unquenchable thirst. James watched the world for a while until he was sure he could blend in. He prefers to stay within the shadows still, unless it is required of him to manifest during the day.
Relations: James tends to keep to himself, not wanting to associate with humans. He will talk to them and put on a friendly front, but he refuses to get attached to them.

Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 Victorian-Costume
Image/Description: Alys will usually wear simple skirts, though when she is at work, she tends to wear shorter skirts (about mid calf length) with a slit to allow her to have full functionality.
Name: Alys (Alice) Williams
Weapon: Alys carries around a parasol that is gifted with the power of repelling and light. When opened, the parasol acts like a shield, blocking attacks. When closed, it becomes something similar to a bayonet, enabling her to stab at her enemies.  
+Traits: Very bubbly, acts like a mother to all
-Traits: Tends to blame herself for accidents, can be emotional
History: Alys was brought into the Order at a young age. Her parents had been members of the Order, keeping it a secret from her until the time was right. Alys had always wanted to be like her parents, saving London from danger. When Alys was old enough, her parents told her of who they truly are. She immediately wanted to follow in their footsteps. She was trained at a young age, but was never given her enchanted weapon until she was ready.
Relations: Her parents are deceased sadly, taken out by an ambush of Signum. Alys tends to make friends quickly and is very welcoming to everyone. When she makes a friend, she takes them under her wing and acts like a mother hen.

(I could have made it better, but I like keeping it vague to play out the character however I want. I can always add more if needed!)
Back to top Go down
rumioki
rumioki
Souper Member

PostSubject: Re: Rift Discussion Thread   Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 6:31 pm

Both are accepted! I absolutely love Alys's weapon ovo
Back to top Go down
distressed_piglet
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

Spoons : 756
Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 100-em10Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmuFmWaRift Discussion Thread - Page 2 Ladder12Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Rift Discussion Thread   Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Thank you so much!

I decided to give a cute factor about her. Like she holds her parasol up and everyone is like "What's that going to do?" and she totally kicks butt XD
Back to top Go down
rumioki
rumioki
Souper Member

PostSubject: Re: Rift Discussion Thread   Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 11:35 pm

That's great, I love it! ovo
Back to top Go down
JPower96
JPower96
Souper Member

Spoons : 918
Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 15160-11Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmuFmWaRift Discussion Thread - Page 2 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Rift Discussion Thread   Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 12:26 am

Image: Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 Peeler1 If it's alright with you, I'm going to use the middle guy in the bottom row of this photo as my character; I like his mustache!

Name: Gerry Baker (literally no reason for Gerry. I guess I went with Baker because 221B Baker Street?)

Weapon: Carries Webley-Pryce model revolver chambered in .455". Power of the tome is specifically bound to the bullets, so that regular ammo can also be fired as well. This allows the pistol to be used for non-order purposes without drawing too much attention if necessary.

Personality/traits still potentially a bit up in the air/open to change

Personality: Gerry is generally ambivalent towards his fellow humans. He is dedicated to the destruction of the creatures, but little else. He enjoys his earthly pleasures, though typically not to excess. He often comes across as rather gruff, and to be honest, that's a rather accurate depiction. He  has drinking buddies, but few real friends.  He can hold a conversation, but generally doesn't care to. Just in general, he's a very apathetic person who doesn't see the point of things that don't directly benefit him. He generally has an "ends justify the means" mentality when it comes to destroying creatures (for example, letting an innocent person unknowingly act as bait for a creature would not be above him). I almost want to call him an anti-hero, but that wouldn't be entirely true, because he isn't cruel and does avoid unnecessary violence, but hopefully you get the idea.

+Traits: "ends justify the means" mentality means that he is often very good at killing creatures. Very good shot, and also proficient at hand to hand combat. Good intuition when something is off.
-Traits: "ends justify the means" mentality means that he alienates people easily. Occasionally drinks to excess, when in a particularly existential mood. Possible: poor attention to detail, poor work ethic, anger problems?

History: Gerry is the third of six children. He was raised by his parents on a farm in Suffolk County. Life on the farm wasn't exactly easy, but they always had plenty of food and dry beds. Despite this, Gerry never enjoyed farm life. At the age of 17, he left the farm in the capable hands of his parents and five siblings, and set off for London with nothing but a burlap sack full of clothes over his shoulder. When he arrived, Scotland Yard was undergoing rapid expansion, and so he was able to get a job on the beat almost immediately. As fate would have it, he personally witnessed a Signum attack while on patrol in his 5th year on the job. Needless to say, Gerry was quite dumbfounded. Like most Scotland Yard officers at the time, he was not permitted to carry a firearm, so he was very fortunate that an Order patrol was nearby as well and had overheard the commotion. They arrived shortly and dispatched the Signum, unfortunately too late to save the victim. Unsure of how to handle Gerry having witnessed the Signum, the constables brought him to the Keeper to let him handle it. After being debriefed on what he had just seen, Officer Baker decided that he would like to join the fight against these creatures, and so he was inducted into the Order, and has served consistently since.

Relations: Only rarely visits his family on the farm- perhaps a few days around Christmas, if he can get his patrols covered. No close relationships, only friends of convenience.
Back to top Go down
rumioki
rumioki
Souper Member

PostSubject: Re: Rift Discussion Thread   Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Accepted! ^^ He'll be added to the list
Back to top Go down
matchamochi
matchamochi
Souper Newbie

Spoons : 24

PostSubject: Re: Rift Discussion Thread   Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 10:20 pm

Alrighty sorry it took so dang long for me to finish making him

Image/Description:
Spoiler:
Usually wears a long dark blue overcoat that's a bit too big on him. If he is wearing it out, it's really rare for him to take it off, even inside.

Name: Jack Baker

Weapon: His main weapon is a Lancaster 4-barrel pistol, for which he always carries what is probably more ammo than he'll actually need in a fight. The tome's power is bound to the bullets (same as JPower's character ^^; ) He also uses a push dagger if he gets stuck in a close-range fight. The tome's power is actually in the dagger's sheath, not the dagger itself, so when he's fighting for work he actually keeps it in the sheath. When he removes the dagger, it becomes a normal weapon.

Personality: A bit brash; the type of person who would often run headfirst into trouble without a proper plan. Being in the Order helped him gain a bit more self control, but he still makes hasty (bad) decisions fairly often. He doesn't get close to people easily, though he is more than willing to talk with others, even if he blows up easily.

+Traits: His confidence makes it easy for him to do dangerous things that are needed for work. He also is good at pushing others to do things that would benefit them if they're hesitant about it.

-Traits: Often brawn rather than brains, which gets him into sticky situations. Even though he has good intentions, he has a very short fuse, so he usually doesn't get along well with others.

History: He was orphaned as a young boy, and grew up living with a band of other orphan children who got by by stealing and doing odd jobs to get money. When he was 11 years old, he got lost while out on a job during a rainstorm, and was found by an older woman who brought him into her house to dry off. She found out how he was living, and, after much objection from him, adopted him and got most of the other boys into homes as well. She eventually became the first person he actually built a proper relationship with, but she was attacked by a Signum when he was 24. He did not witness the attack, but after a lot of research into what exactly had killed his mother so violently, he discovered the existence of the Order and joined their ranks at 25.

Relations: His mother was the only person he had a mutually understanding relationship with. There was one boy in his gang of orphan friends who he was particularly attached to, but that boy didn't like him due to his temper. At the moment he has no friends in the Order.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/satsukikururugi
rumioki
rumioki
Souper Member

PostSubject: Re: Rift Discussion Thread   Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 10:22 pm

Accepted! ^^
Back to top Go down
JPower96
JPower96
Souper Member

Spoons : 918
Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 15160-11Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmuFmWaRift Discussion Thread - Page 2 ORFTzGV

PostSubject: Re: Rift Discussion Thread   Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 7:47 am

Haha they're both Bakers XD I feel like they won't be the type to bond over that though o_o could be funny if it causss some confusion for others though lol!
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rift Discussion Thread   Rift Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rift Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next