A close-knit online community for general chatter, sharing artwork, and semi-lit role playing.

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Among the Shadows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
distressed_piglet
Souper Hero

Spoons : 1228

PostSubject: Re: Among the Shadows   Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:12 pm

Alessis - 24 - Thief

A small smirk flashed on the thief's face when Kilaun called her clever. He must have noticed a glamour, or both of them. Her smile faded, as she tried to study him. Had he found out she was using two glamours? A glamour doesn't really require much effort, so would he assume she was trying to charm him? She wouldn't really know until he spoke. She studied him longer, searching for an indicator as he spoke. "Training, planning my kills, spending time with you." She nearly scoffed at the last bit. He had to know about her glamour. It was very clear he disliked her company, and a glamour could only do so much. He had to be bluffing. Alessis tried to snap back to focus. She didn't want to lose her glamour just yet.

Instead of rolling her eyes at his attempts to play coy, she smiled sweetly.
"I'm flattered to know you enjoy my company. However, my dear... that is not an interest." She paused for a moment. What could she say that would give her an indicator that he was charmed by her? Well, there were plenty of things she could say. It was a matter of how seductive she wanted to be. A flickering memory slipped into her mind. The last time she had tried to be seductive she was almost a puddle on the floor. When he wasn't under her influence, he had ways of turning the situation against her. Could he do the same now? There was only really one way to tell, but the thought of it made her nervous. Why was she so nervous? She was just trying to see if her glamour worked. This assassin really had an influence on her, and she didn't like it much. He was skilled and attractive. It made it hard for her not to fall for his tricks. She was supposed to be the seductive one. The one who could make any man swoon. Letting a man have this kind of effect was never good for a woman like her. She shook her head gently. She was getting off topic.

Hoping the gentle hum of Talent was both of her glamours still, she turned towards the man riding beside her.
"If we're trying to talk about interests, how about we turn that comment into an interest you could have. 'Spending time with me.' I think..." She placed a finger to her lips as she thought for a moment. "I think you could say that is an interest, if you define how you want to spend time with me. Maybe you're interested in my company because you have desires... I think you're secretly lusting after me, and you are interested in spending time with me because you want to be in bed with me." She gave him a suggestive look before smirking. Maybe that could giver her the answer she needed. Not about if he wanted to sleep with her. That she didn't- okay maybe she was a tad curious. Wait, no she wasn't. She could care less what he thought, right? Whatever the case, she needed to stop thinking about it. She could feel heat creeping up her neck. Taking a breath to calm down, she turned back to Kilaun. "Or am I thinking incorrectly about your interests?"
Back to top Go down
MydnightAvatar
Souper Hero

Spoons : 941

PostSubject: Re: Among the Shadows   Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:59 pm

Kilaun - 25 - Assassin

When Kilaun mentioned spending time with Less as one of his interests, he caught a flash across her eyes. Damn, she hadn’t fallen for the lie. Well, duly noted. Yes, he could lie, but not as convincingly as he usually did. Definitely the glamour’s fault.

Less insisted that that wasn’t an interest, which, okay, it wasn’t. Fair enough. But now that she’d laid it out, and seen through his lie, the persuasion glamour was both causing him to feel like he needed to give her a proper answer, and that her skill in seeing through him made her more attractive. Damn glamours to the seven hells, but she was attractive to him at the moment. He wanted to bed her. He did. No, wait, that was the persuasion. Side effect of seducing someone to get what you wanted? They usually ended up wanting to get into your pants. Especially if your target was a guy. Kilaun doubled down his efforts to force his own thoughts and will through the glamour.

Less had paused for a while, giving Kilaun the chance to reinforce his steel will, but now she turned to him again. “If we're trying to talk about interests, how about we turn that comment into an interest you could have. 'Spending time with me.' I think...” she paused and placed her finger to her lips, which of course drew Kilaun’s attention right to them. He almost growled with frustration. “I think you could say that is an interest, if you define how you want to spend time with me. Maybe you're interested in my company because you have desires... I think you're secretly lusting after me, and you are interested in spending time with me because you want to be in bed with me.” She gave him a very suggestive look. Well, she certainly was laying on the seduction thick. Kilaun felt his body go hot. Well, this was an interesting situation.

He gathered his will and forced it into controlling just how much he said in response to her charm. By Akrah, he might be partially under the influence of her much-practiced glamour, but he was still in control here. He just happened to think she was very attract- damn, focus. Enough will, but not so much he broke the glamour. Whatever else, he wanted to see how she would continue- or end- this conversation.

“I suppose you’re beautiful enough. Taking you would make for an…interesting night,” he replied. There. Measured, neutral. To a degree. Just compliant enough for her to think he was under her control, certainly not his normal self, but not so compliant that she would think she could do this to him anytime to get what she wanted.
Back to top Go down

Among the Shadows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10